It’s hard to believe we’re gearing up for another year of classes already! We hope you all had a fun-filled, safe and happy summer, and we can’t wait to see you in the studio again. Here are the important dates you need to know for this dance year, along with some helpful information to help you make the best of your experience here.
- Sept. 6-Classes start
- Nov. 1-Costume deposits are due*
- Nov. 23-26-Studio closed for Thanksgiving
- Dec. 3-Weaverville Christmas Parade*
- Dec. 17-Christmas Program, 10:00 am*
- Dec. 19-Jan. 1-Studio closed for Christmas
- Jan. 2-Classes resume after Christmas break
- Feb. 1-Costume balance is due*
- Apr. 10-15-Studio closed for spring break
- May 8-12-Picture week*
- May 30 and June 1-Dress rehearsals*
- June 3-Recital*
- Month of July-Summer classes
*More information about these events will be given as the dates get closer. The studio will be open on all other school holidays, including teacher work days.
***Snow Policy*** The studio WILL be open if the main roads are passable and teachers can get to the studio. If you’re unsure, please call the studio, or check Facebook. We will make every effort to post weather-related closings as early as possible on Facebook, and to send out emails as well.
Important Studio Rules and Information
- Tuition is due by the first class of each month. We charge by the month, not by the class. A $5.00 late fee will be applied to all tuition not paid by the end of the month. Tuition is based on an average of 4 classes per month. Some months may have 3 or 5 classes, but these should balance out throughout the year.
- Discounts are available for families who pay for half the year or a full year in advance.
- When paying by check, please list your child’s full name on the check every month. We currently accept payment by cash or check only.
- A $20.00 recital fee is required in May if your child plans to perform in the June recital. This covers rehearsal and production expenses. If your child will not be performing, please let their teacher know as soon as possible.
- A $25.00 costume deposit will be due on November 1, with the balance to be paid by February 1. Costumes average $40.00-$70.00 per class.
- We can be responsible for your children only during class time. If a circumstance arises where you must drop off your child early or pick them up late, please discuss this in advance with their teacher. For safety reasons, please inform the studio if someone other than the parent or guardian will be picking up your child.
- Please supervise all children in the waiting room, and do not allow students or siblings to play in the restrooms or dressing room.
- We have a lost and found located in the dressing room. Contents are given to charity after Christmas and the June recital.
- Please, no food or drinks in the carpeted areas, and no pets in the studio.
- Please be considerate and help keep the studio clean.
- For the safety of our students, staff, and families, there is NO SMOKING in the studio or near the front door.
- No one except students is allowed in the classrooms during class time, and students should stay in class once it has begun. We understand that some of our younger students have little bladders, so please make sure they use the restroom before class begins!
- Students should wear leotard and tights to class, along with proper shoes. Please check with your child’s teacher for the specific attire required, and write your child’s name inside their shoes to avoid confusion during busy changing time. Please do NOT allow your child to wear dance shoes to and from the studio, as this can damage the soles. Ballet shoes should have the strings tied and cut short, and tap shoes should have elastic loops instead of ties.
- No belts, shirts (over leotards), jewelry, or chewing gum are allowed in class. These are distracting and/or unsafe for your child during class, and take away from the teacher’s effectiveness.
- Please pull your hair away from your child’s face before class, and secure it with a fastener that will stay put during class.
- Our classes are arranged on a tight back-to-back schedule, so we ask that if parents desire a conference, they call the studio to arrange a time that’s convenient for both parent and teacher.
We welcome your questions and comments through the year. Regular office hours are Monday-Thursday, 4:00-8:00 pm. We sincerely hope that your experience at Weaverville Dance Academy will be one of growth, friendship, and happiness through dance.
- Remember to subscribe to this blog, and/or follow us on Facebook to keep up with all the latest news from WDA. You can also find us on Instagram and tag us in your dance photos: weavervilledance. We’re glad to have you with us!