Recital time is almost here! Please remember there is no regular class the week of May 30. Dress rehearsals will be on Tuesday, May 31 (for dancers in Act I) and Thursday, June 2 (for dancers in Act II), at Moore Auditorium in Mars Hill. Dress rehearsals start at 6 pm; if you are performing early in the act, please arrive around 5:30. Remember, the dress rehearsal is a full performance in preparation for the recital, so please arrive in full costume, including hair and makeup.
Recital is Saturday, June 4 at 6 pm; all dancers should arrive at Moore Auditorium no later than 5:30 pm. Each family received two complimentary tickets when tuition and recital fees were paid in full; extra tickets can be bought at the door and are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children. Please let family and friends know about the recital, as we love to perform for a full house.
Reminders for Dress Rehearsal and Recital
- Hair should be pinned back neatly off your dancer’s face and neck. Your child’s teacher may have requested that it be styled a certain way.
- Please tuck in ballet shoe ties.
- No visible underwear under costumes.
- No chewing gum, candy, food, or drinks in the auditorium, please.
- No running in the auditorium.
- We will be selling candy and flowers on recital day. You can purchase that day, or pre-order at the dress rehearsal.
On Recital Day
- Your child will need to be lined up backstage three numbers before their dance begins. Please have them sit with their class so the class parent can help them all get backstage.
- No one else is allowed backstage, but please be prepared to to pick up your child after dance. They can then sit with you in the audience.
- If your child will be getting a 3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 year trophy, please check the program and have them backstage three numbers before trophy presentation.
- Jim Guilliams will be selling videos again this year. You can pre-order these at the dress rehearsal or the recital.
We’re excited to bring this performance to our community, and can’t wait to see everyone there!