It’s hard to believe we’re gearing up for another year of classes already! We hope you all had a fun-filled, safe and happy summer, and we can’t wait to see you in the studio again. Here are the important dates you need to know for this dance year, along with some helpful information to help you make the best of your experience here.
- Sept. 6-Classes start
- Nov. 1-Costume deposits are due*
- Nov. 23-26-Studio closed for Thanksgiving
- Dec. 3-Weaverville Christmas Parade*
- Dec. 17-Christmas Program, 10:00 am*
- Dec. 19-Jan. 1-Studio closed for Christmas
- Jan. 2-Classes resume after Christmas break
- Feb. 1-Costume balance is due*
- Apr. 10-15-Studio closed for spring break
- May 8-12-Picture week*
- May 30 and June 1-Dress rehearsals*
- June 3-Recital*
- Month of July-Summer classes
*More information about these events will be given as the dates get closer. The studio will be open on all other school holidays, including teacher work days.
***Snow Policy*** The studio WILL be open if the main roads are passable and teachers can get to the studio. If you’re unsure, please call the studio, or check Facebook. We will make every effort to post weather-related closings as early as possible on Facebook, and to send out emails as well.
Important Studio Rules and Information
- Tuition is due by the first class of each month. We charge by the month, not by the class. A $5.00 late fee will be applied to all tuition not paid by the end of the month. Tuition is based on an average of 4 classes per month. Some months may have 3 or 5 classes, but these should balance out throughout the year.
- Discounts are available for families who pay for half the year or a full year in advance.
- When paying by check, please list your child’s full name on the check every month. We currently accept payment by cash or check only.
- A $20.00 recital fee is required in May if your child plans to perform in the June recital. This covers rehearsal and production expenses. If your child will not be performing, please let their teacher know as soon as possible.
- A $25.00 costume deposit will be due on November 1, with the balance to be paid by February 1. Costumes average $40.00-$70.00 per class.
- We can be responsible for your children only during class time. If a circumstance arises where you must drop off your child early or pick them up late, please discuss this in advance with their teacher. For safety reasons, please inform the studio if someone other than the parent or guardian will be picking up your child.
- Please supervise all children in the waiting room, and do not allow students or siblings to play in the restrooms or dressing room.
- We have a lost and found located in the dressing room. Contents are given to charity after Christmas and the June recital.
- Please, no food or drinks in the carpeted areas, and no pets in the studio.
- Please be considerate and help keep the studio clean.
- For the safety of our students, staff, and families, there is NO SMOKING in the studio or near the front door.
- No one except students is allowed in the classrooms during class time, and students should stay in class once it has begun. We understand that some of our younger students have little bladders, so please make sure they use the restroom before class begins!
- Students should wear leotard and tights to class, along with proper shoes. Please check with your child’s teacher for the specific attire required, and write your child’s name inside their shoes to avoid confusion during busy changing time. Please do NOT allow your child to wear dance shoes to and from the studio, as this can damage the soles. Ballet shoes should have the strings tied and cut short, and tap shoes should have elastic loops instead of ties.
- No belts, shirts (over leotards), jewelry, or chewing gum are allowed in class. These are distracting and/or unsafe for your child during class, and take away from the teacher’s effectiveness.
- Please pull your hair away from your child’s face before class, and secure it with a fastener that will stay put during class.
- Our classes are arranged on a tight back-to-back schedule, so we ask that if parents desire a conference, they call the studio to arrange a time that’s convenient for both parent and teacher.
We welcome your questions and comments through the year. Regular office hours are Monday-Thursday, 4:00-8:00 pm. We sincerely hope that your experience at Weaverville Dance Academy will be one of growth, friendship, and happiness through dance.
- Remember to subscribe to this blog, and/or follow us on Facebook to keep up with all the latest news from WDA. You can also find us on Instagram and tag us in your dance photos: weavervilledance. We’re glad to have you with us!
It’s almost time for our annual fall registration! Registration dates and times are Saturday, August 20, from 10-1; Friday, August 26, from 4-7 pm; and Saturday, August 27, from 10-1, here at the studio. We look forward to seeing all of our returning students, and welcoming new ones. Classes will begin after Labor Day.
Remember to like us on Facebook to keep up with important dates and announcements.
Recital time is almost here! Please remember there is no regular class the week of May 30. Dress rehearsals will be on Tuesday, May 31 (for dancers in Act I) and Thursday, June 2 (for dancers in Act II), at Moore Auditorium in Mars Hill. Dress rehearsals start at 6 pm; if you are performing early in the act, please arrive around 5:30. Remember, the dress rehearsal is a full performance in preparation for the recital, so please arrive in full costume, including hair and makeup.
Recital is Saturday, June 4 at 6 pm; all dancers should arrive at Moore Auditorium no later than 5:30 pm. Each family received two complimentary tickets when tuition and recital fees were paid in full; extra tickets can be bought at the door and are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children. Please let family and friends know about the recital, as we love to perform for a full house.
Reminders for Dress Rehearsal and Recital
- Hair should be pinned back neatly off your dancer’s face and neck. Your child’s teacher may have requested that it be styled a certain way.
- Please tuck in ballet shoe ties.
- No visible underwear under costumes.
- No chewing gum, candy, food, or drinks in the auditorium, please.
- No running in the auditorium.
- We will be selling candy and flowers on recital day. You can purchase that day, or pre-order at the dress rehearsal.
On Recital Day
- Your child will need to be lined up backstage three numbers before their dance begins. Please have them sit with their class so the class parent can help them all get backstage.
- No one else is allowed backstage, but please be prepared to to pick up your child after dance. They can then sit with you in the audience.
- If your child will be getting a 3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 year trophy, please check the program and have them backstage three numbers before trophy presentation.
- Jim Guilliams will be selling videos again this year. You can pre-order these at the dress rehearsal or the recital.
We’re excited to bring this performance to our community, and can’t wait to see everyone there!
It’s that time of year again! Our Spring recital this year is called “It’s Our Time,” and will be held Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 6:00 pm. The recital will be at Mars Hill University’s Moore Auditorium again this year. Please tell your friends and family, as our dancers are extremely talented and love performing for a full house. We’ll have more information coming soon, but for now, please note the following:
- Dance tuition and recital fees must be paid in full in order for your child to perform in the recital. Recital fee is $20.
- These last few weeks before the recital are very important; if your child misses more than two of the six classes preceding the recital, he or she will not be allowed to perform unless he or she demonstrates proficiency alone for the teacher.
- Each student will receive two complimentary tickets for the show. Additional tickets will be available for purchase before the show and at the door.
- The week of May 23-26, we ask that a parent or other responsible adult come in at the end of your child’s class, so that we can go over costume details and ask for volunteers for stage mothers.
Other Important Spring News
- Pictures will be taken the week of May 10-12 at the studio, during class.
- We are selling ads for the program. Please see Ms. Marilyn in the office if you’d like some advertising sheets. These ads are a great way to share your business with the community while showing our wonderful dancers your support. The student who sells the most ads (minimum of four) will win a prize.
Please remember to like us on Facebook and keep following us here, for more updates and all the latest news. Have a happy Spring!
Hi WDA dancers and families, hope you’re all enjoying the beginning of this busy holiday season.
Please remember these important dates coming up in the next couple weeks:
Saturday, December 7 is the Weaverville Christmas Parade. We will meet between 11:30 and 12:00 in the large parking lot near Arby’s and Big Lots in Weaverville. The parade begins at 1:00, and we will meet back in that parking lot when the parade is over. Please remember to dress for the weather!
Our Christmas Recital is at 10:00 am on Saturday, December 14, in Moore Auditorium at Mars Hill College. Please arrive a little early; once the lights go down and the recital begins, it will be hard to find your classmates and teacher!
Look for more important dates for after the new year to be posted soon-hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.
It’s hard to believe it’s that time of year already, but the time is here to register for fall dance classes at Weaverville Dance Academy. Registration will be held at the studio, located at 76-2 Garrison Branch Road in Weaverville, just off US 25-70, minutes from Asheville. Come on in on one of the following dates and get ready to dance again! Hope to see you soon.
Registration dates and times:
Friday, August 16: 3:00-7:00
Tuesday, August 20: 4:00-7:00
Friday, August 23: 4:00-7:00
Saturday, August 24: 10:00-1:00
For over twenty years, Weaverville Dance Academy has provided professional dance instruction in a comfortable family-run studio. At Weaverville Dance Academy, we focus on having fun, promoting a healthy lifestyle, and helping each student reach his or her full potential. We offer a variety of classes for all age ranges, starting at age 3. From the toddlers’ creative movement class — combining elements of jazz, tap and ballet — to adults’ hip hop classes, whatever your dance needs are, we have you covered. Classes run from August to June, with summer classes offered in July. There are two recitals each year, one in December and one in May or June, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to show off your new dance skills.
Weaverville Dance Academy is located at 76 Garrison Branch Road just off highway 25-70, just ten minutes north of Asheville. We offer affordable monthly rates with low registration and recital fees: monthly tuition ranges from $36 to $40, with a multiple-class discount, and the annual registration fee is only $10. Recital fees and costume cost vary, but are also affordable and competitive. For more information please give us a call at 828-658-2522 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in the studio!