It’s that time of year again, WDA friends and family: the annual Christmas party is fast approaching, along with the Weaverville Parade. Here’s what you need to know about both:
The Christmas Party is on Saturday, December 20 at 10:00 am in Moore Auditorium at Mars Hill University. Please arrive around 9:30 so your student can find his or her seat in the auditorium. They will be seated down the left side and some on the right toward the back; parents and others, please sit in the middle or in other areas where the dancers aren’t seated. Don’t worry, we’ll have someone make sure your dancer gets on stage at the right time. There are no special costumes for this performance; dancers should wear their favorite leotard and tights, or whatever the parents agreed to have them wear. This is an informal program, to help all the dancers feel comfortable on stage and to celebrate this beautiful time of year with everyone. It promises to be fun and festive, as always.
The Weaverville Christmas Parade is on Saturday, December 13 at 1:00 pm. We are number 18, and the parade starts at North Buncombe Middle. However, the parade committee asks that all students be on the float before we arrive at the school. Please meet at the large parking lot at Big Lots between 11:30 and 12:0. Look for our truck and trailer in the parking lot. We’ll load the students up there, and meet back there when the parade is over. Please dress in your favorite Christmas clothes, and be sure to dress for the weather. If it’s cold, bundle up!
A couple more important notes: If your child is going to be in the spring recital in May, please make sure you’ve paid your $25 costume deposit, which was due in November. This deposit is non-refundable, so please make sure your child is committed to being in the recital before paying. Thank you!
The studio will be closed from December 22-January 3 for the Christmas holiday. Happy holidays with love from all of us at WDA to you!
Hello, dance parents and friends! The end of the year is upon us, and that means recital time is coming and we have lots of important information to share.
First, a reminder about photos: they will be shipped directly to you this year, rather than coming to the studio for you to pick up. If you’d like to order more photos online, click here, then click on the Weaverville Dance Academy link on the left, and choose your group on the next page to view and order photos.
Now, on to important recital information.
- Tickets to the recital are $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for children. Each dancer gets two free tickets when tuition and the recital fee are paid in full. Tickets can be bought in advance; sell as many as you can so our dancers can perform to a full house.
- The recital will be held on Saturday, May 24, at Moore Auditorium at Mars Hill University. There are two shows: one at 2 pm and one at 7 pm. Please see the paper your dancer brought home or check with his or her teacher to confirm the time of your child’s performance.
- Dress rehearsals will be held at Moore Auditorium. Dress rehearsal for the 2 pm performance will be on Tuesday, May 20 at 6 pm; for the 7 pm performance, rehearsal is Thursday, May 22 at 6 pm. Dancers in Act I should arrive around 5:30; Act II should arrive by 6:45. Please bring your full costume and change in the dressing rooms.
- For both dress rehearsals and performances, the following rules apply: no gum, food or drinks in the auditorium (especially on stage!); no visible underwear under your costumes; no running in the auditorium; hair should be pinned neatly out of your face, unless your teacher has instructed you to wear it a different way.
- On recital day, all dancers should arrive thirty minutes before show time, regardless of whether you’re in Act I or II. Remember to allow plenty of time to get into costume.
- Always wear a cover-up over your costume while you’re in the audience. Costumes should be visible only when you’re on stage.
- Dancers may sit with their families before and after their performance. Remember all dancers must be lined up backstage with their class three numbers before their own performance.
- No one but the dancers may be backstage, but please be ready to collect your little ones after they leave the stage. Class mothers and staff will help them line up before their performance.
- Dancers who are receiving trophies, please look in the program to see when you’ll be getting yours. Please be backstage three numbers before.
We will be selling candy and flowers at the recital this year. Someone will be at the dress rehearsal taking pre-orders, and there will be plenty available at the recital for those who did not place a pre-order and still want to buy something special for their little dancer.
Jim Guilliams will once again be selling videos of the recital. You can place a pre-order with us at the studio, or order yours at the dress rehearsal or the recital.
Remember all recital fees and tuition must be paid in full before the recital.
Our spring recital will be held May 24. Stay tuned for more details as the date draws closer, and thank you for being part of our WDA family!
Hi WDA dancers and families, hope you’re all enjoying the beginning of this busy holiday season.
Please remember these important dates coming up in the next couple weeks:
Saturday, December 7 is the Weaverville Christmas Parade. We will meet between 11:30 and 12:00 in the large parking lot near Arby’s and Big Lots in Weaverville. The parade begins at 1:00, and we will meet back in that parking lot when the parade is over. Please remember to dress for the weather!
Our Christmas Recital is at 10:00 am on Saturday, December 14, in Moore Auditorium at Mars Hill College. Please arrive a little early; once the lights go down and the recital begins, it will be hard to find your classmates and teacher!
Look for more important dates for after the new year to be posted soon-hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.
It’s hard to believe it’s that time of year already, but the time is here to register for fall dance classes at Weaverville Dance Academy. Registration will be held at the studio, located at 76-2 Garrison Branch Road in Weaverville, just off US 25-70, minutes from Asheville. Come on in on one of the following dates and get ready to dance again! Hope to see you soon.
Registration dates and times:
Friday, August 16: 3:00-7:00
Tuesday, August 20: 4:00-7:00
Friday, August 23: 4:00-7:00
Saturday, August 24: 10:00-1:00
If your little dancer doesn’t want to take the summer off from classes, check out our summer schedule! All classes are on Tuesday evenings and run from July 2 through the 23rd. Three-year-olds dance from 5:00-5:30; our preschool class (for four- and five-year-olds) is from 5:30-6:15, followed by jazz and tap from 6:15-7:00 for kids age six and up. For more information, call the studio at (828) 658-2522.
Have a great summer, and we’ll see you soon!
Here’s a list of important dates to remember.
**Please note, this is last year’s calendar. It will give you an idea of our schedule, and the new calendar will be posted soon.**
Nov. 1: Costume deposits due
Nov. 21-24: Closed for Thanksgiving
Dec. 1: Weaverville Christmas Parade
Dec. 15: Christmas Program, 10:00 am
Dec. 22-Jan. 5: Closed for Christmas and New Years
Jan. 7: Classes resume
Feb. 1: Costume Balance Due
Mar. 25-30: Closed for Spring Break
May 6-9: Pictures
May 28 & 30: Dress rehearsals
June 1: Spring Recital
Summer classes run through July