Hello new and returning dance families! It’s time to register for classes at Weaverville Dance Academy once again. Remember, we are your full-service dance studio near Asheville, NC, offering affordable classes for everyone from preschoolers to adults.
The smallest dancers can sign up for our Creative Movement class, where they’ll have a blast learning the basics of dance and building a strong foundation for future classes. Once they’re ready to move on, they can try their hands–or feet, we should say–at ballet, jazz, tap, hip-hop, and more.
Think you’re too old to start something new? Nonsense! We offer adult classes as well, and our adult classes put on some of the greatest performances at our two yearly recitals.
If you’re looking for a dance studio in Weaverville or Asheville, come check us out. We’re a quick trip up 25/70 from Asheville, NC, and an easy jump onto interstate 26. We’ve been here more than 20 years, and we’d love to have your business. We’re more than just a dance studio, we’re family.
Registration is at our studio, located 76-2 Garrison Branch Road (Just off 25/70), on the following dates:
Saturday, August 15: 10:00 -1:00
Friday, August 21: 4:00 – 7:00
Saturday, August 22: 10:00 – 1:00
For more information, please call (828) 658-2522. See you there!
Hello, dance parents and friends! The end of the year is upon us, and that means recital time is coming and we have lots of important information to share.
First, a reminder about photos: they will be shipped directly to you this year, rather than coming to the studio for you to pick up. If you’d like to order more photos online, click here, then click on the Weaverville Dance Academy link on the left, and choose your group on the next page to view and order photos.
Now, on to important recital information.
- Tickets to the recital are $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for children. Each dancer gets two free tickets when tuition and the recital fee are paid in full. Tickets can be bought in advance; sell as many as you can so our dancers can perform to a full house.
- The recital will be held on Saturday, May 24, at Moore Auditorium at Mars Hill University. There are two shows: one at 2 pm and one at 7 pm. Please see the paper your dancer brought home or check with his or her teacher to confirm the time of your child’s performance.
- Dress rehearsals will be held at Moore Auditorium. Dress rehearsal for the 2 pm performance will be on Tuesday, May 20 at 6 pm; for the 7 pm performance, rehearsal is Thursday, May 22 at 6 pm. Dancers in Act I should arrive around 5:30; Act II should arrive by 6:45. Please bring your full costume and change in the dressing rooms.
- For both dress rehearsals and performances, the following rules apply: no gum, food or drinks in the auditorium (especially on stage!); no visible underwear under your costumes; no running in the auditorium; hair should be pinned neatly out of your face, unless your teacher has instructed you to wear it a different way.
- On recital day, all dancers should arrive thirty minutes before show time, regardless of whether you’re in Act I or II. Remember to allow plenty of time to get into costume.
- Always wear a cover-up over your costume while you’re in the audience. Costumes should be visible only when you’re on stage.
- Dancers may sit with their families before and after their performance. Remember all dancers must be lined up backstage with their class three numbers before their own performance.
- No one but the dancers may be backstage, but please be ready to collect your little ones after they leave the stage. Class mothers and staff will help them line up before their performance.
- Dancers who are receiving trophies, please look in the program to see when you’ll be getting yours. Please be backstage three numbers before.
We will be selling candy and flowers at the recital this year. Someone will be at the dress rehearsal taking pre-orders, and there will be plenty available at the recital for those who did not place a pre-order and still want to buy something special for their little dancer.
Jim Guilliams will once again be selling videos of the recital. You can place a pre-order with us at the studio, or order yours at the dress rehearsal or the recital.
Remember all recital fees and tuition must be paid in full before the recital.