Hello new and returning dance families! It’s time to register for classes at Weaverville Dance Academy once again. Remember, we are your full-service dance studio near Asheville, NC, offering affordable classes for everyone from preschoolers to adults.
The smallest dancers can sign up for our Creative Movement class, where they’ll have a blast learning the basics of dance and building a strong foundation for future classes. Once they’re ready to move on, they can try their hands–or feet, we should say–at ballet, jazz, tap, hip-hop, and more.
Think you’re too old to start something new? Nonsense! We offer adult classes as well, and our adult classes put on some of the greatest performances at our two yearly recitals.
If you’re looking for a dance studio in Weaverville or Asheville, come check us out. We’re a quick trip up 25/70 from Asheville, NC, and an easy jump onto interstate 26. We’ve been here more than 20 years, and we’d love to have your business. We’re more than just a dance studio, we’re family.
Registration is at our studio, located 76-2 Garrison Branch Road (Just off 25/70), on the following dates:
Saturday, August 15: 10:00 -1:00
Friday, August 21: 4:00 – 7:00
Saturday, August 22: 10:00 – 1:00
For more information, please call (828) 658-2522. See you there!
Here’s a list of important dates to remember.
**Please note, this is last year’s calendar. It will give you an idea of our schedule, and the new calendar will be posted soon.**
Nov. 1: Costume deposits due
Nov. 21-24: Closed for Thanksgiving
Dec. 1: Weaverville Christmas Parade
Dec. 15: Christmas Program, 10:00 am
Dec. 22-Jan. 5: Closed for Christmas and New Years
Jan. 7: Classes resume
Feb. 1: Costume Balance Due
Mar. 25-30: Closed for Spring Break
May 6-9: Pictures
May 28 & 30: Dress rehearsals
June 1: Spring Recital
Summer classes run through July
It’s almost here, folks-we’ve worked so hard all year, and it’s almost time to show our family and friends how talented we all are.
Last night’s dress rehearsal for the 2 pm performance was a great success, and Thursday’s rehearsal for the 7 pm show will go just as well, I’m sure.
Just a few things to remember before you head to the auditorium on Saturday:
- No food or drinks in the auditorium or dressing area. The last thing we need is a dancer slipping on some spilled water and getting hurt!
- No chewing gum or visible underwear at the rehearsal or recital. One can end up being a big mess, the other just looks icky poking out of your costume.
- Ballet dancers, remember to tuck in your shoe ties please.
- Your hair should be pulled back or pinned out of your face. If your teacher wants it a certain way, please follow his or her guidelines.
- No running through the school!
- Arrive at the auditorium 30 minutes before the start of the recital-if you’re in the 2 pm show, please be there at 1:30. Dancers in the 7 pm show should arrive at 6:30.
- Don’t park in the Wells-Fargo lot. They will tow you! Parking is available on the street and in the lot adjacent to the building.
- Please wear a cover-up over your costume while you’re in the audience. Costumes should only be seen on stage.
- Dancers may sit with their parents while they wait to go on stage, but should be turned over to the class mother in enough time to be lined up and backstage 3 numbers before they’re ready to go on. Please check the program to see when your child needs to be with the class mother backstage.
- If you are receiving your 3, 6, 9, 12 or 15 year trophy, please check the program to see when they will be given out, and be backstage three number before so you’ll be ready to go on and receive it.
If you’d like to get your dancer a bouquet, please remember that the companies will be selling bouquets of roses for $6, with proceeds going toward paying for costumes, supplies, etc.
Jim Guilliams will once again be selling videos of the recital. Please see Jim at the recital if you’d like to order one.
Each dancer received two complimentary tickets when the recital fee was paid. Additional tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for children, and are available at the door.
Thanks to the teachers, students and parents for all their hard work-see you on Saturday, ready to dance!